The eco-bioclimatic houses are those that achieve optimal conditions of habitability with the minimum consumption (energy-efficient), taking into account the orientation of the construction, the land and the nature that surrounds it. They must be self-sufficient and self-regulated, with reduced maintenance that does not depend on non-local outlets of energy (electricity, gas, coal or firewood); most of it coming from free natural sources.
Why an Eco-Friendly Home is Different
The standard houses are all those that rely on external sources to keep them running, i.e., energy, gas, and in some ways are polluting due to the materials and construction techniques used in them. Eco-friendly ones, on the other hand, provide a list of serious differentiators, let’s take a look at some.
- Exemplary: These ones have certain advantages from savings to the delivery of an excellent image to the community.
- Cost savings: Choosing an eco-sustainable building has the potential to save energy costs. Through solar panels, companies and families spend less on electricity and heating.
- Greater value in construction: Green buildings bring more profit in the long-term, by working with low-cost materials that are extremely durable.
- Incentives: At the moment, governments in many countries are encouraging the construction of eco-friendly buildings, making business very attractive for real estate companies and homebuyers that have tight budgets.
- Health benefits: The use of environmentally friendly elements can benefit the health of homeowners, as they are not so corrosive and harmful to the body.
The Real Deal Behind an Energy-Efficient Home
When we hear the term “energy efficiency” sometimes we do not relate it directly to ourselves and our daily life at home. We often overlook the fact that the way we use electricity and gas determines our small or significant contribution to Greenhouse Gas (GHG) emissions, and thus to the pace of global climate change.
A study by NerdWallet concluded that at least 30% of homeowners mention that their costs to maintain a home are way high. Only public utilities (water, gas, electricity) carry most of the total cost which makes the owner live in constant concern.
Energy Star is a company that manufactures energy efficiency houses with an excellent reputation in the real estate market; although these houses cost a bit more than a conventional one, the return on investment (ROI) will be reflected in the decrease of the costs via public services for being a house fully-sustainable. A person would need to pay around $2500, in order to acquire one of these eco-friendly properties. In addition, this type of homes are revolutionizing the whole industry, projected to be the most wanted in 2019.
The Eco-Friendly Future
Innovation is a fundamental element that allows the real estate sector to continue growing and broadening horizons. The new profile of users who want to become homeowners leads us to offer new solutions, anticipating their needs with flexibility as a fundamental premise of success.
This is important, as the criteria for buying a home is changing, we must be aware that the current demands of users are set according to trends and the social awareness of the moment. One of them is the concern for the energy efficiency of modern housing, an attitude that seeks homes where new technologies play an essential role in favor of efficiency.
New homeowners see the environmental criteria as a desirable requirement when buying a home. All because sustainable housing produces significant savings, lower taxes and represents a whole different approach for real estate developers. Today, energy and housing are two sides of the same coin.
At AFTHA we focus on your plans to acquire a new energy-efficient home, through a network of external contacts with whom we have developed an excellent working relationship through the years. Want to know more? Contact us now!